I’ve been into firearms, and the shooting sports, for some years now. I’ve been extremely fortunate to encounter and work with only great teachers during my life as a student, and that knowledge and wisdom is something I hold dear and try to pass on to students the best I can. My home range where I practice and teach others is The Range Austin.
I specialize in helping women, non white people, queer people and allies with questions and basics around firearm knowledge, including the following:
– I’m thinking about purchasing a gun. Should I own one? What are things I need to think about before deciding to own one?
– Someone gave me a gun. I don’t know how to shoot it. How do I learn?
– I’m thinking of buying a gun. How do I choose one? Can you help me?
– I already own a gun. I’m not comfortable with it. Is it the right gun for me? How do I know? Is it me or is it the gun?
– I’m interested in obtaining a Texas License to Carry (LTC). What do I need to think about if I’m considering doing that? What are the requirements?
All of these questions, and more, are ones that I can help you with.
My fee for consultation and instruction is:
– $60/hour for off range instruction
– $100/hour for on range instruction
You can share instruction between two people and you can book increments of 30 minutes up to 2 hours with me depending on your needs.
Please note that I DO NOT teach prohibited persons. The full list of prohibited persons can be found HERE. Please note that the use of marijuana, including medical marijuana, does make you a prohibited person as marijuana is not legal at the federal level at this time.
I am a NRA Certified Pistol Instructor and currently waiting for enrollment to open for the Texas License to Carry Instructor course. I am also in line to complete the NRA Concealed Carry Instructor course once it becomes available from the trainers I work with.
I specialize in semi automatic pistol instruction. Although I do know that people carry revolvers for self defense, I simply don’t believe that they are as safe or effective as semi automatics, and they’re not easy to learn for beginners.
Text or email me if you’d like to set up a consultation and let’s talk.